What's New at Walt Disney World® Resort
New Disney Attractions, Rides & Shows
Discover what’s new at Walt Disney World Resort’s theme parks in Orlando. Walt Disney World is continuously adding new attractions, more shows and amazing events for guests to enjoy. In short, there is always something fresh to see and experience! Here are some of the latest and greatest additions at Walt Disney World, plus a peek at what’s on the horizon.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge (Now Open)
- For the first time ever, there’s a place where you can live your very own Star Wars™ story. A place where you can fly the galaxy’s most legendary ship, the Millennium Falcon. A place where you’ll find yourself caught in a battle between the First Order and the Resistance. With a whole new land, you can finally live your adventure in a galaxy far, far away. Welcome to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, now open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Toy Story Land (Now Open)
- Get shrunk to the size of a toy and explore the fun and adventure of Andy’s backyard at this new, 11-acre land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Two new attractions — the family coaster Slinky Dog Dash and Alien Swirling Saucers — join the existing fan-favorite, Toy Story Mania!, plus themed dining and shopping.
Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party (Now Open)
- Head to Disney’s Animal Kingdom for this family-friendly party featuring dancing, music, games and characters from The Lion King.
Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party (Now Open)
- Celebrate Mickey Mouse’s milestone 90th birthday with this limited-time dance party at Disney’s Magic Kingdom.
Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy (Now Open)
- Based on Pixar’s blockbuster Cars motion pictures, this new show experience at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will bring you face-to-face with one of racing’s most animated legends.
Wonderful World of Animation (Now Open)
- At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the Chinese Theatre is transformed with light, sound and Disney magic during this nighttime tribute to nearly a century of outstanding animation from Disney and Pixar.
Epcot Forever (Now Open)
- Journey through the past, present and future of Epcot during Epcot Forever — a new, limited-time fireworks spectacular.
Disney Skyliner (Now Open)
- Paying homage to a beloved but since discontinued Magic Kingdom attraction, this new transportation option offers travel to Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios from numerous onsite Walt Disney World resort properties.
Space 220 (Coming Winter 2019)
- Set to expand the Mission: SPACE pavilion, this new eatery will pair an out-of-this-world culinary experience with the celestial panorama of a space station, complete with daytime and nighttime views of Earth as seen from 220 miles up.
Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway (Coming Spring 2020)
- The first-ever ride-through attraction starring Mickey and Minnie Mouse is coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios! Boasting an original story and all-new theme song, the ride will transport you through the worlds of Mickey Mouse’s world-famous cartoons.
“Awesome Planet” at Epcot’s The Land Pavilion (Coming January 2020)
- This film will showcase the beauty, diversity and dynamic story of our planet.
Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along (Coming January 2020)
- This event will bring the popular animated characters to the France pavilion of Epcot’s World Showcase.
Update for “Canada Far and Wide in Circle-Vision 360” (Coming January 2020)
- Located at the Canada pavilion at Epcot’s World Showcase, this film will debut new scenes and a new story.
Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure (Coming Summer 2020)
- Based on Ratatouille, this attraction will be complemented by a new restaurant, La Crêperie de Paris.
TRON Lightcycle Run (TBD)
- Coming to Magic Kingdom Park, this attraction will invite you to board a train of two-wheeled Lightcycles and experience the energy, lights and excitement of the high-tech TRON universe.
New Neighborhoods at Epcot® (TBD)
- As part of Epcot’s multi-year transformation, the current Future World area will become three distinct new neighborhoods: World Celebration, World Discovery and World Nature.
Transformation of Spaceship Earth (TBD)
- Epcot’s grand icon will be updated with new scenes reflecting the universal nature of the human experience. A new guide and all-new narration will focus on storytelling that brings people together. It will be part of the park’s new World Celebration neighborhood.
Dreamers Point (TBD)
- Set to be part of Epcot’s World Celebration neighborhood, this new pavilion will offer breathtaking views, lush gardens, a wishing tree, an interactive fountain, and a statue celebrating the legacy of Walt Disney.
World Celebration Pavilion (TBD)
- Boasting one of the most remarkable designs at any Disney park, this three-story structure will serve as the home base for Epcot’s signature festivals. It will also be an ideal spot to witness the park’s nighttime spectacular.
Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana (TBD)
- Slated to be part of Epcot’s upcoming World Nature neighborhood, this first-ever experience based on Walt Disney Animation Studios’ hit film will let you interact with magical, living water in a beautiful, inspiring setting.
Mary Poppins Attraction (TBD)
- The first-ever attraction based on Mary Poppins will be part of Cherry Tree Lane, a new neighborhood in the United Kingdom pavilion at Epcot’s World Showcase.
Wondrous China (TBD)
- Coming to the China pavilion at Epcot’s World Showcase, this new addition will take you on a breathtaking journey across China, filmed and presented in a completely seamless, 360-degree digital format.
See what special events are happening at Walt Disney World this year, and save time and money by purchasing tickets from Visit Orlando, an authorized reseller of discounted tickets to Walt Disney World’s theme parks and water parks. Select from Date Based Tickets or Flexible Date Tickets, which are available with 1 Park Per Day, Park Hopper and Park Hopper Plus options. Special Disney Florida Resident Tickets are also available, and all are compatible with Disney’s FastPass+ program.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios®, Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge and its experiences are subject to capacity. Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance is not available at opening and will open later in the year.